Waiting Staff - Jersey
Waiting Staff - Chateau La Chaire, Jersey
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Hours: Full Time
Carry out daily duties as assigned by supervisors and management to support the smooth running of the restaurant and ensure customer satisfaction
Tasks and responsibilities
The key overall responsibilities for waiting staff are:
- Contribute to meeting the high standards of customer care offered by Chateau La Chaire
- Execute tasks and jobs designated by the supervisor or management to the required standard.
- All waiters/waitresses answer to the supervisor or management on duty.
- Waiters/waitresses will contribute to the cleaning of the restaurant and its immediate surroundings.
- The supervisor will explain all duties and roles expected of waiters/waitresses during their shift.
- Waiters/waitresses will help complete the cleaning rota for each day, and contribute to any extra cleaning the supervisor feels necessary.
- Should waiters/waitresses feel there are any problems concerning the restaurant or customers of the hotel they should voice them to their supervisor or a member of the management team.
- Waiters/waitresses will handle any customer complaints/queries in a professional manner in keeping with the La Chaire Restaurant’s high level of customer service. The supervisor must be informed of any problems, concerning the restaurant or customers of the hotel, even if it has been dealt with.
- All restaurant staff must know the menus, and have good knowledge of the food and produce the restaurant provides. Training will be in place to familiarise staff with the dishes and wines, but it is ultimately down to the restaurant staff to learn the menus and communicate them effectively to the customer, especially the provenance of the produce and the great quality of the local seafood.
- Maintain a positive and proactive attitude at all times
- Actively seek to improve skills and achieve personal development
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply at all times with the Staff Code of Conduct.
- Comply with the provisions of your contract and any of our Company Policies and set an example for more junior members of staff.
- Seek to ensure at all times that all visitors or guests on our site have the best experience possible
How to apply
You must have the right to live and work in the UK and be fluent in both written and spoken English and be able to attend interviews in Gloucestershire. We can assist with local living accommodation.
Please send your CV by clicking apply now!