General Manager - Hampshire
General Manager (Live In) - Hampshire
- LIVE IN
- EXPERIENCED MANAGER OR MANAGEMENT COUPLE
A rare opportunity to manage an iconic pub in the New Forest! We are seeking an experienced Manager or Management couple to grow sales by developing a great team who deliver excellent customer experience, creating an environment which exemplifies Magical Places, Legendary Pubs…
The pub dates back to the fifteenth century and has recently been completely refurbished. The Manager accommodation is a 2 bedroom flat above the pub with a private garden. The office is separate and there is also onsite self-contained Assistant Manager accommodation. The pub has a large trade garden, paddock and extended car parking.
This is a fine example of Great Pub, Great Food Mainstream, with a fresh food menu and choice of five real ales on the bar. There is an existing team consisting of a Head Chef, Deputy Manager and full and part time Team Members.
We are seeking a hands-on Manager/Management couple with the ability to work in all areas of the business, specifically having the skills required to work the busy kitchen when necessary.
- Experienced fresh food operator
- High service and presentation standards
- Excellent customer service
- Strong leadership & people development skills
- Good knowledge of promotion & marketing with effective use of social media
- Understanding of P&L & budget controls
- Cellar management and a knowledge of real ales
- Understanding of ordering and stock control