Deputy General Manager - Edinburgh
Deputy General Manager - Candy Bar, Edinburgh
Candy bar is a fun loving bar and restaurant, a fantastic subterranean drinking den. It represents the juxtaposition to the New Town of Edinburgh, offering an affordable and crucially fun bar that caters to most tastes. It’s perfect for after work drinks, special celebrations and weekend dancing as it delivers great food and drinks with a pulsing party atmosphere.
Currently in the development stages of a refurbishment and rebrand, this is a very exciting time to join the team and help refresh our beloved Candy Bar!
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated manager to take the next step in their career working in one of Scotland`s award winning restaurant groups.
Deputy General Manager Responsibilities:
- Sole responsibility for running shift, including security of the building, staff and members of the public.
- Maintaining and driving consistently high standards of service and product.
- Supervise training of junior members of staff and management. Ensure training is consistent across all team members.
- Daily cash handling and control of wages on a weekly and daily basis
- Input into all areas management including all KPI targets such as GP %, environmental health issues etc.
- Primary responsibility for controlling costs such as repairs, credit and rotas. Responsible along with the General Manager of developing junior managers within these areas
- Pro-active recruitment of staff members to the venue to ensure rotas are consistently filled and maintained.
Deputy General Manager Skill Requirements:
- Skilled in shift management and have experience of running a team
- Possess a passion and knowledge for the hospitality industry
- Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation and have a good eye for detail.
- Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career with a minimum of 1 years’ experience at an Assistant Manager level.
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be consummately professional at all times.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Holidays: 28 days holiday per annum
Regular Incentives Companywide are available
Access and progression through accredited FLOW Hospitality modules
We offer a competitive rate of pay, monthly bonus scheme, excellent career development opportunities, personal development and a friendly, social working environment.