Sous Chef - London
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Sous Chef - Little Creatures - London
In 2016 we opened our first Little Creatures overseas venue and micro-brewery in Kennedy Town, Hong Kong, to take advantage of Asia’s growing interest in quality and trusted Australian products and a fast-developing craft beer scene. Following our success in Hong Kong, we opened the doors at Little Creatures Mohamed Ali Lane in Singapore in 2018, and are now opening our next Little Creatures venue (Regents Canal) in London, Kings Cross.
As the Sous chef, you’re be the support the Executive Chef with overall responsibility and accountability for the kitchen and everything that goes in, and comes out of it. You’ll be working with the kitchen in partnership with the front of house team to ensure our customers are amazed by their experience at our venue. Your skills and experience will show your team how to reach their potential, work to our principles (above), and deliver an outstanding customer experiences again and again.
Amongst other things, you’ll need to:
- produce amazing food time again with your team supporting that process
- liaise with the rest of the venue during service and maintain excellent professional communication levels
- recruit, train, develop, coach and mentor your team
- deliver high quality consistent food product whilst pursing improvements in safety, quality, value, process excellence and culture
- fiscal control of kitchen budgets including Labour and cost of goods
- support the day to day management of the kitchen
- support the Executive Chef with all aspects of the performance of the kitchen (food, suppliers, GP etc.)
- continuously improve the safety and wellbeing of our people and our business
- train and maintain food safety procedures on storage and service of food
- monitor the food safety program and provide timely feedback to direct reports.
- ensure all equipment and substances are used and maintained in a safe condition, including monthly review of the preventative maintenance schedule
- measured by site safety tracker, food safety Plan, KPI and targets
You’ll need to be a leader, have a high work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude, be calm under pressure, have a huge passion for food, the skills to run and busy kitchen, and have fun when working. You’ll also need to have a proven experience of working at a similar level and be able perform to the highest standards exceeding customer demands and expectations.
Our ideal candidate will also have experience in/with:
- a broad and in-depth understanding of hospitality including local and industry trends, key suppliers and customers
- regulatory and legal compliance knowledge and understanding of implications to the business
- knowledge in the financial management of food operations, wage costs forecasting, sales analysis and reporting
- cross functional agility and is able to easily work with other key stakeholders and departments to influence outcomes
- strong technical and learning agility to apply new concepts and continuously improve
- strong management skills and ability to manage cross-functional teams
- a detailed diverse experience working in restaurants, hotels, function centres, multi outlet operations and/or high volume environments.
- 1+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
Here at Little Creatures, we try to have the best environment possible, both for customers and staff, so as a team we came up with a list of ideals that we all agree on, in order that we can do our upmost every day. If you bear in mind these simple principles while you’re here, then we hope everyone will enjoy their Creatures experience: Always be a supportive team player, always be yourself, always treat everyone equally and respectful, always be professional, always remain positive, always be aware, be safe and use initiative, always be creative, always be prepared and be early, always communicate, and finally, always have fun.
Apply for Sous Chef - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly