Maitre d' - London
Maitre d' - St. Pancras, London
We embrace, we create, we innovate; The Standard never stands still. Be part of our unconventional, bold, irreverent, evolved and personal takeover of London. The Standard London, our first international property will create a unique symbiosis of City and brand where our people are hosts to a world that uniquely London, yet anything but standard….
At the heart of our hotels are of course of people who through their vibrancy and energy bring our properties to life. Join us as a Maître d’ as we seek to cast a team of diverse and dynamic individuals that will capture the very essence of the Standard London.
Our Restaurants and Bars in New York, LA and Miami are legendary. As a Maître d’ you will manage part of an exceptional restaurants team that will provide an extensive food & drink service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces that will be located in the hotel; including our top floor destination restaurant in collaboration with acclaimed Michelin star chef Peter Sanchez.
Your team of elegant, confident and sparkling hosts & hostesses will be the ‘all important first’ and last point of contact meeting them on arrival and escorting them to their tables, on hand to deal with their queries, provide information and oversee table plans. You will use your exceptional knowledge on food and drink to train, develop and support the team in creating an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
You will of course be passionate about service, with an exceptional working knowledge of restaurant operations, reservations and order of service; along with a good understanding of managing guest lists, table return times, and flow of guests into and out of the restaurant. Finally, and most importantly, you and your team will be the face of the restaurants, adding a touch of personality and theatre to their experience, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Maître d’ at The Standard
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience in a similar role is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- Prior experience as a Maître d’ or Senior Host/Hostess with the ability to engage and connect with a wide range of guests from different backgrounds, ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination fine dining restaurant or perhaps even a well know quality chain
- In addition to those with experience we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in restaurant operations, reservations and the order of service
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- Opening experience preferred
- Prior experience using Open table and Squirrel epos is advantageous however full training will be given
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as a number of our bars and restaurants will operate late night licences.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Maître d’, we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.