Multi-Skilled Activity Leader Apprentice | Uttoxeter
7 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Activity Leadership Level 2 and be part of a friendly team to provide a fun, safe and quality experience for all of our customers.
You will also work towards your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing (Which is included in the Activity Leadership Level 2)
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed and commercial approach to swimming lesson sales and retention, similar to that traditionally seen in the fitness environment
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Support and deliver community engagement linked to increasing swimming participation
- To support the coaching team when required to maintain continuity of teaching and excellent customer service
- To teach swimming when needed to fit the needs of the programme
- To cover lifeguard positions when needed to fit the needs of the swimming lesson programme and centre pool programme
- You will support the swimming lesson programme under the guidance of the General Manager or equivalent and the Regional Aquatics Manager
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
You will work towards your Activity Leadership Level 2 through work based learning delivered by Lifetime Training as well as your National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification, Fitness Instructing Certificate (Included in the Activity Leadership)
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong and confident swimmer.
If you are invited to interview for this role you will be required to complete a swim test as part of the interview process, in order to be considered for the role you must be able to demonstrate you are able to do the following.
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water and then tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to floor of pool (deepest part)
• Climb out unaided without ladders/steps and where pool design permits
Requirements and Prospectus
Candidates must be passionate about wanting to work within the leisure industry and willing to work towards their apprenticeship.Personal qualities
Working well in a teamQualifications required
No previous qualifications required.Future prospects
Possible progression onto further qualifications and a full time positionTraining to be delivered
Apprenticeship in Activity Leadership
Functional Skills in Maths
Functional Skills in English
Functional Skills in ICT
About the employer
Sports and Leisure Management was established in 1987 and is the longest established leisure contractor in the UK. Sports and Leisure Management Limited’s consumer brand is Everyone Active, which is the name that can be seen at over 150+ leisure and cultural facilities across the UK. We successfully manage these facilities in partnership with 45 different local councils. We pride ourselves on achieving excellent operational standards, driving up activity participation, maintaining service excellence and developing colleagues, all of which are marks of a successful company. SLM is the company behind the exciting brand Everyone Active; it’s the UK’s No 1 brand for activity. The vision is to be everyone’s first choice for activity and we will strive to encourage everyone to participate in 30 minutes of moderate physical activity 5 times a week.