Food and Beverage Manager - Marlow
Food & Beverage Manager - Bisham Abby National Sports Centre
£30,000 - £32,000 | 40 Hours Per Week
Purpose of Job / Key Objectives
The Food and Beverage Manager is to lead the catering department in achieving the high standards of service and customer care at all times across the different aspects of the business from World Class Athletes to Wedding and conference guests. They will report directly to the General Manager of the site and be responsible for the Head Chef, Catering Team leader and those delivering front of house.
- Lead, direct and manage the catering requirements across the site.
- Work closely with the Elite sports / support networks on site to ensure their requirements for nutrition are provided.
- Create and implement a variety of menus for different parts of the business that meet the needs of the customers.
- Ensure correct staffing levels are maintained in accordance with service requirements and the business plan through the management of staff rotas and business needs in relevant areas
- Provide information, instruction and training to staff to ensure they fulfil their roles in an efficient and safe manner
- Ensure the processes outlined in the relevant SMS (Serco Management System) Manuals are followed at all times
- Ensure high standards of food hygiene, site presentation and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- Update and maintain risk assessments for relevant areas
- Ensure consumable and retail / resale & vending stocks are maintained at appropriate levels and place orders as required to meet service demands
- Work with the management team in the development of business plans and budgets
- Ensure financial procedures are complied with
- Participate in promotional activities as agreed with the General Manager
- Ensure brand standards are maintained and promoted
- Ensure and maintain compliance with all relevant safety legislation
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
- To support the day to day management of the site
The Food and Beverage Manager should ideally hold relevant hospitality and nutritional qualifications.
The Food and Beverage Manager should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
- Supervision or management of a food retail operation or service led organisation
- Staff management, supervision and development
- Administrative and financial processes
- Experience of management of large events and functions
- Experience of managing large teams to tight timescales
- Experience of licenced trade
- Experience of working within an elite athlete environment is desirable.
The Food and Beverage Manager should be able to demonstrate skills commensurate with the position in:
- Excellent customer care and communication skills
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Financial awareness and cash handling
- Varied Menu creation
- Nutritional awareness that supports athlete development
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Committed to the Serco Values and Serco Leisure Mission Statement
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High standards of organisation and presentation
- High personal integrity and motivation
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
In line with Serco Leisure’s policy, all relevant employees will have a DBS disclosure at an appropriate level.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.