Bar Manager - Warrington - Live In
Community Centre Manager / Bar Manager
Salary:£19,656.00 per annum
Location of Work: The Cinnamon Brow Community Centre, Perth Close, Warrington
Responsible to: The Chairperson of the Executive Committee of the Community Association; The Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Community Association.
Hours of Duty: 42 hours per week minimum – 4 nights, 2 afternoons, Tuesday’s off
Annual Leave: 32 days annual leave inclusive of Bank/public holidays
Residence: The Centre Manager will be required to live in the living quarters. The running costs of the living quarters will be met by the Community Association with the exception of Council Tax. The Council Tax demand made on the flat will be paid by the Centre Manager
Primary Purpose and Scope of Post:
The post holder is responsible for the management of the Community Centre Site in total including all activities carried out there-in, the management of all staff employed by the Association, the Direction of Centre users, the implementation and maintenance of policy as directed by the Chairperson of the Executive Committee of The Centre or the Executive Committee voted by majority on a proposal at a properly convened meeting of The Committee.
The post holder is responsible to the Chairperson of the Executive Committee. Liaison with the Vice Chairperson, Secretary and section organisers will also be required. Liaison with users of The Centre. Liaison with all suppliers of goods and services to The Association to ensure best practise in the purchase of goods and service
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- To hold the license for The Social Club and to be the licensee for The Centre.
- To assist in the provision of project plans with regards to new developments at The Centre, changes to existing set up and to ensure these projects are carried out to plan and within agreed timescales.
- To maintain the Association’s IT systems providing user information.
- To participate in the management of change.
- To communicate with suppliers to ensure supplies are delivered on time as required to meet obligations to our customers.
- To ensure a safe environment for Centre users at all times.
- To ensure staff are properly trained and support and maintenance is available to comply with the obligations of an employer.
- To attend training courses as required to ensure continued professional development of the post holder and other members of staff within approved budgets.
- To assist the Centre Officials in the preparation of annual budgets, targets and performance reviews.
- To organise and attend meetings on behalf of the Association with clients and external suppliers as required.
- To ensure all standards and procedures in relation to the post holders work and that of the Centre staff follow best procedure at all times.
- To assist in the administration, supervision and control of workloads of other staff allocated to The Centre and ensure staff are available to cover the needs of Centre users at all times.
- To be responsible for all bookings for The Centre including events, artists, Centre groups, casual users, Local Authority groups and private hire, prepare rooms, collect rental monies paid by user groups.
- To assist The Committee to develop The Centre as a base for exhibitions and conferences.
- To develop the kitchen facility to provide bar meals and sandwiches on a daily basis and assist in the introduction of this service as a priority to attract a wider customer base.
- To provide ‘meet and greet’ arrangements to all Centre users and to ensure Centre rules are properly understood and followed at all times.
- To provide the services and support agreed with The Centre users at all times and to ensure users leave the premises in a safe and quiet manner.
- To promote The Centre at all times, to control the advertising budget.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety, licensing laws and other legal regulations.
- To ensure the security of the site at all times and to be the responsible person to exclude members and customers for unacceptable behaviour subject to members’ rights as defined in the club rules.
- To ensure all monies are properly controlled and banked in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To liaise on a regular basis with all Centre groups to discuss user’s satisfaction with the service provided and to have ongoing dialogue on expansion of use.
- To oversee the probation support services and ensure liaison with probation officers in carrying out the work.
- To run cellar and bar efficiently, line cleaning, cellar work etc.
- No consumption of alcohol whilst working.
This job description is not exhaustive and staff will be required to undertake duties other than those listed as defined by the Chairperson or Secretary of the Executive Committee from time to time
- Demonstrates a high level of honesty and integrity
- Friendly and welcoming
- Flexible attitude
- Enthusiastic approach
- Practical and pro-active
- Strong people skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Managing or supervising licensed premises, including staff supervision
- Managing or supervising a Community Centre or similar environment
- Operation of bar and cellar equipment
- Financial management and budget control, including stock control, costing and pricing
- The principles of excellent customer service
- Equal opportunities
- Community engagement and development of current services and new services using Marketing and PR.
- Catering / cooking for events
Knowledge and skills (the ability to)
- Work independently to manage, plan and schedule own workload
- Be IT literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages
- Reflect on and develop own practice and role
- Deal with customer complaints and enquiries and work under pressure
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Enthusiasm for working in a Centre that serves diverse communities
Qualifications and Training
- Hold a relevant Licence
- Ability to work flexibly and unsociable hours to cover evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Consent to a DSB check
- Basic awareness of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- NVQ in Customer Services Level 1 and.or 2
- Recognised First Aid at Work Qualification
- Food Hygiene Certificate