What we need in a nutshell
We’re looking for a Company Accountant to work as part of our central support office Finance Team, taking responsibility for a wide range of financial and management accounting and compliance requirements.
What you’ll be doing
As Company Accountant you will be reporting directly reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting and will be;
- Lead in the completion of monthly management accounts to Board level.
- Assist in drafting sections of Balance Sheet reporting pack and Board Report for CFO.
- Lead in preparation of year end statutory accounts, including the consolidated group accounts, under FRS 102.
- Assist in preparation of corporation tax packs at year end.
- Assist in supporting the auditors during year end audit procedures.
- Preparation of P11ds.
- Support in various compliance requirements, including completing VAT, Bingo Duty and Gaming Duty returns, and ONS surveys.
- Proactive management and development of one direct report.
- Working closely with Finance Assistant and Balance Sheet Accountant from the Transactional Processing team to provide ad hoc enhanced analysis and reporting.
- Liaising with Systems Accountant to assist in development of seamless automation of systems.
We’re not your average holiday company. Our guests come to our UK resorts to experience a world away from the day-to-day and our job is to surprise and delight them at every turn. As part of the central support team, you will be providing the back-up that allows the magic to happen.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
It is crucial that this role provides proactive and continual support to the Assistant Management Accountant, so the candidate must be able to demonstrate good team leadership skills and a keen interest to invest in promoting career development in junior team members.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a first move into industry, where there is significant potential for making a mark in a dynamic, ambitious business.
- Newly qualified ACA with an audit background looking for their first move into industry.
- Good technical knowledge of Companies Act and FRS 102.
- Some experience of consolidations and Corporation Tax preferable.
- Keen interest and experience in development of team members.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun-loving, people-centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers - have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts, check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.