Sous Chef - Birmingham
Sous Chef - Birmingham
Fazenda is a traditional Brazilian rodizio, with a focus on high quality food and exceptional standards of service. It is part of a young but rapidly expanding, award-winning company that continues to grow from strength to strength.
Fazenda delivers an unforgettable dining experience with a unique concept from our traditional South American roots, creating the perfect environment both for guests to dine in and staff to thrive in.
We believe that it is our people that make the difference and help us stand out as being the best. If you are passionate, warm and genuine, we want to hear from you. You will need to be a strong communicator, a team player, have the willingness to learn, have a keen eye for detail, show great initiative and share our values of providing the highest quality of service and products to all our guests.
What you’ll get
At Fazenda we pride ourselves on investing in a happy, knowledgeable and motivated team who in turn give 100% to our guests. Employees receive a competitive wage plus tips and have access to a great range of benefits such as: generous staff discount, free staff food and drinks on shift, paid breaks, complimentary work anniversary meals, cycle to work scheme and Employee Assistance Programme, to name a few.
As a growing company, it is at the heart of our business to develop from within. If you demonstrate the right attitude, desire and potential, this role is a definite steppingstone to a more senior position, and we will help with all additional training to get you there.
As a rodizio restaurant, the role of the chefs/kitchen assistants differs from the traditional. Our meats are prepared and cooked in a separate grill section, whilst the kitchen team take responsibility for creating hot and cold dishes for the gourmet sides bar, as well as appetisers, desserts and vegetarian options.
In comparison to many traditional ‘cook-to-order’ restaurants, we benefit from a unified, inter-sociable team where chefs and waiters are friends, without the pressure and conflict caused by misunderstandings and mistakes over orders. Except for desserts and vegetarian/vegan dishes, there simply are no food orders!
As such, the key goals for the Sous Chef / Kitchen Supervisor are to oversee the kitchen team, coaching and mentoring them in their daily tasks and personal development, ensuring they work efficiently; ensuring perfect presentation of food items for guests, maintaining optimal stock levels of ingredients and prepared food items; and ensuring due diligence and compliance with all relevant H&S and food safety legislation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Supervisory or management experience, preferably in a kitchen environment
- A passion for preparing creative and attractively presented dishes
- A high level of product and food hygiene knowledge
- A clean-as-you-go approach and natural concern for cleanliness and hygiene
- A strong understanding of and belief in teamwork
- An understanding of the importance of stock control and wage budgets while ensuring the customer experience is never compromised
- A pro-active leadership style and good people skills, adaptive to a diverse working environment
- Confidence and adaptability in communications with the team and with senior management, receiving instructions courteously and delegating appropriately and politely.
Apply for Sous Chef - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly