Junior sous chef - Brighton
about wagamama |
inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all. a little ginger to warm you up. chillies that kick. noodles to nourish the body and soul.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
our kitchens |
we take pride in our kitchens; maintenance is a priority + we have state-of-the-art equipment. our standards are high. our ingredients are cooked fresh. we serve hot food when it's ready. you'll find no microwaves or heat lamps here. our open kitchens mean you get to interact with our guests spreading positivity from bowl to soul
be you | be a junior sous chef
you don't need to have worked with asian food before , just a passion for food, a great attitude + a willingness to learn, we'll teach you the rest!
we have a dedicated 4-week training period when you join us, so we'll teach you everything you need to know to become a true wokstar!
be part of one of the uk's fastest growing restaurant brands, and in return you'll get |
- brilliant hourly rate + a share of staff tips
- weekly pay, every friday
- free meal on shift
- free uniform
- christmas day off
- 4 week training period when you start
- internal development programmes to support you to take your first step into management
- apprenticeship opportunities | gain national qualifications
- 30% discount at wagamama + other trg brands when dining with friends + family
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
- perkbox | retail, gyms + restaurant discounts
- career progression + clear career pathways from team member up to general manager
what you'll do |
- depending on the shift you work, you may start as early as 7am or finish as late as midnight. you will work an average of 9.6 hours per shift
- during your shift, you create a positive kitchen environment where the team feel welcomed + cared for
- share your passion + knowledge of wagamama food, ingredients + cooking techniques manage the line effectively so every dish served is of high quality + served to spec
- you ensure the line chef team are fully trained on all dishes
- you deal with guest feedback on shift + make improvements for future shifts
- you understand the importance of growing sales + protecting profit and actively support this through your shifts
- you support your head chef to effectively control gp
- you make sure you follow food safety and health + safety standards throughout your shift
- you support with solving any minor maintenance issues on shift, escalating any bigger issues
about you |
- you've got demonstrable junior management experience in a fast-paced kitchen
- you've got demonstrable experience running a shift
- you're experienced working with online delivery companies + running a smooth take out operation during your shift
- you're a real people person, with a passion for food + achieving results with your team
- you've got a basic understanding of how to control gp + manage a labour budget
- you have a basic understanding of food safety and health + safety procedures
- you're passionate about people, you care about your guests + your team, creating a positive place to be
- you have previously supported your manager to develop junior chefs within your team
- you're a brilliant communicator, own what you do + embraces change
if that sounds like you, click apply below!
wagamama is an equal opportunity employer. we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees
when submitting your details, please let us know if you require any support or adjustments during the interview process
General Manager - Horsham, West SussexEasy Apply!