Floor Manager - Covent Garden, London
Floor Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Restaurant Manager
From Bombay with Love
Dishoom caf s are bustling spaces where people come together to break down barriers and share in a love of Bombay food and culture. Each of our restaurants pay homage to old Irani caf s and are deeply rooted in some aspect of Bombay history.
Have you got Seva?
We believe we are at our happiest when we are contributing to the world to the best of our abilities. This goes beyond just serving people, we take them in and truly look after them. Guests and team alike.
We're looking for a Floor Manager to join our big-hearted and talented team.
- You have been working as an Assistant Manager or Assistant General Manager in a busy environment for the past few years. You're first-class in everything you do and want to find an environment that's as obsessive about quality as you are.
- You have an eye for detail; always upholding the highest standards and ensuring every shift is in the very safest pair of hands.
- You're a great leader who really cares about your people. Your big-hearted approach will make coaching and developing other members of the team a natural focus.
- You have a genuine commitment to making people happy - guest and team alike -to ensure you have one of the happiest teams in the business and guests that turn into regulars and regulars into friends.
- You want to be part of a company that can help you flourish and become the best you can be.
How we'll support you
Our team is brimful of big-hearted and incredibly talented people, who are ready to support you from day one. When you join, you'll enjoy a host of benefits to ensure you can be your best self and feel valued as part of our team:
- Wholesome team meals and bottomless hot drinks on shift
- Half price food and drink at all our caf s before 5pm and 25% discount thereafter
- The usual 28 days paid holiday, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day off. Plus, if you have children, one extra day to take them to their first day at school.
- Access a share of your earned wages whenever you need it.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Industry leading Training and Development and encouragement to progress your career
- Handy bonus scheme for any successful friend you introduce to Dishoom.
- Free membership to Calm; the number one meditation and sleep app.
- Perkbox: Lots of amazing discounts including half price cinema tickets, savings on holidays and free coffee!
- All managers are enrolled to be fully-trained in mental health support and first aid. There is a dedicated confidential advice helpline - available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year!
- Sporting events (including the Dishoom Premier League, our competitive in-house cricket competition) discounted gym memberships, classes and yoga sessions
- The best team parties in the industry. Think:
- Huge summer festival with music, fairground rides, food, drink and pampering
- Legendary Christmas party with food, drinks and games
- Regular nights out on Dishoom with team get-togethers
- Team members who work at Dishoom for 5 years are invited to attend Bombay Bootcamp - an incredible once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of Bombay with our co-founders!
What to expect
- Contracted minimum 45 hours per week, across 5 days.
- 37,000 - 42,000 per year inclusive of Tronc
- Weekly changing rota, requiring flexibility Monday - Sunday.
- We're an all day dining Cafe, providing daytime and evening shifts.
- Smart casual dress guidelines - trainers of your choice are a must have!
Our trophy cabinet
Dishoom is an award-winning place to work and we care deeply about being a place where jobs turn into satisfying, long-lasting careers.
- Glassdoor #1 Best Place to Work in Hospitality (2022 & 2023)
- Casual Dining Awards - Employer of the Year (2023)
- CIPD - Best L&D Initiative Winner (2023)
- Personnel Today Awards - Health & Wellbeing Award (2022)
- 20,000,000 (and counting) school meals donated as part of our charitable work with Magic Breakfast and Akshaya Patra - each and every team member has helped us get to this milestone!
At Dishoom - everyone is welcome. We are committed to having an inclusive and diverse workplace and strongly encourage people from all backgrounds, identities, and experiences to apply for roles with us.
Send your application today and one of our dear team will get back to invite you to meet with us.
Food & Beverage, FOH, Hospitality, Assistant Manager, Duty Manager, Floor Manager, Restaurant Manager