General manager - Cambridge
- Job Type
every great wagamama experience needs great wagamama people! being a brilliant general manager means being the person who inspires the wagamama magic, both in your team and your guests
about wagamama |
inspired by fast paced, japanese ramen bars, wagamama brings the fresh, flavours of asia to all. a little ginger to warm you up. chillies that kick. noodles to nourish the body and soul.
we're not just a company, we're a family whereby our beliefs and shared values create our strong culture epitomized by our people mantra of 'be you, be wagamama'
be you | be a general manager
be part of one of the uk's fastest growing restaurant brands, and in return you'll get |
- a brilliant annual salary paid every 4 weeks + earn up to £8,000 bonus per year
- 48-hour contract + 28 days holiday
- an average of 9.6 hours per shift, 5 days a week. 2 days off per week
- free wagamama meal on shift
- christmas day off
- dedicated six week training programme when you start
- internal fast track development programmes to support you to step up to general manager
- apprenticeship opportunities (including degree level) | gain national qualifications
- company pension scheme
- financial wellbeing support
- 30% discount at wagamama + other trg brands when dining with friends + family
- perkbox | retail, gym + restaurant discounts
what makes a brilliant wagamama general manager?
- you're a strong, commercially aware leader who cares about creating a positive environment for your guests + your team
- you drive your restaurant performance and deliver amazing results you constantly inspire your team to go the extra mile for our guests keeping expectations + standards high
- you recognise succession is vital for a strong talent pipeline and you are proactive in developing your people. through coaching + developing, you lead your team to be the best they can be
- you'll have a true passion for our food. our food philosophy is simple...only the freshest ingredients will do. from bowl to soul you'll bring our food to life and inspire your team to do the same
- you'll know how to deal effectively with guest feedback, using this as an opportunity to improve performance and operational best practice
- you'll have experience proactively managing the maintenance + upkeep of a full-service restaurant
you'll already have strong managerial experience in a fast-paced restaurant. even so, you'll quickly find that wagamama is a pretty unique place to work.
we empower our people to achieve great things, giving you the freedom to develop a brilliant team, deliver brilliant results and shape a brilliant restaurant
you'll also have the opportunity to work with a team full of brilliant people! after all, who doesn't dream about coming into work, doing what they love + spending time with friends?
if that sounds like you, click apply below!
wagamama is an equal opportunity employer. we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees
when submitting your details, please let us know if you require any support or adjustments during the interview process